Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Accountant Management
Direct Reports: None
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To measure and value contract terms and conditions across the Structural and Telecoms divisions to ensure construction projects finish on-time and on-budget.
• Negotiation of contract terms/conditions
• Creation, submission and agreement of interim valuations
• Managing variation accounts up to final account agreement
• Procurement of subcontractors including negotiating contract sum and terms & conditions
• Monthly contract reviews and audits
• Raising early warnings of contract risks
• Train junior project managers in commercial best practice
• Contribute to internal process creation and improvement
• Managing contract disputes
• Managing subcontract accounts including interim valuations, claims and final accounts.
• Tender preparation including production of engineering cost plans and estimates
• Value engineering input during project design stages
• Managing entitlement to loss and expense – compilation, submission and negotiation of claims.
Minimum Qualification and/or Experience Required:
• Knowledge of commonly used construction contracts
• Experienced in cost management of complex engineering projects
• Ability to communicate with designers regarding costs and build options
• Experience in one or more of the following key sectors would be an advantage; structural steel,
• A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ideally a member of a
professional Institution or close to achieving professional status.
• Degree qualified in quantity surveying, or civil/structural engineering
• Experience of mediation and adjudication processes
• Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), although not essential.