Department: Structural & Architectural Steelwork
Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Structural & Architectural Steelworks Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide proposal and manufacturing drawings for structural steelwork and architectural metalwork by interpreting structural and architectural designs.
- To interpret engineer’s and architect’s drawings.
- To communicate and liaise with client engineers and architects where solutions are required.
- To prepare proposal and manufacturing drawings using Tekla software.
- Prepare relevant parts/bolt/cutting lists.
- To issue completed drawings to works for manufacture.
- To oversee any coordination with production staff regarding manufacture.
- To liaise with site installation crews regarding details if required.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Solid Technical background and experience. (Within the structural and architectural steelwork market.)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- CAD Experience is essential. (Tekla 3D preferred.)
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Company pension
- Perkbox discounts
- Holiday buy scheme