Main Location: Braintree or Southampton, UK
Reports to: Associate Technical Director
Direct Reports: None
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To work as part of a focused multi-discipline Civil & Structural design team that will work on a variety of projects, including; telecommunications structures, radar towers, bespoke advertising structures and residential building steelwork.
Additionally, the role offers site/survey work around the UK as well as exposure to manufacturing and product development. Training and support will be provided to develop qualifications right up to Chartered status, through the Swann ICE approved training scheme.
This position will be particularly suited to Graduates who want something out of the ordinary for their career.
Reporting to an Associate/Technical Director you will be responsible for the following:
- Completing assessments of telecom structures for new and revised loading conditions
- Undertaking design of steelwork strengthening solutions
- Undertaking foundation designs for telecoms, outdoor media and other related structures
- Completing structural surveys and inspections on site including climbing surveys of telecom structures
- Developing new and improved processes for the technical team
- Developing budget costs and implementing minor works
- Attending client meetings as required
- Undertaking site supervision
- Assisting with design and project management of outdoor media structures
- Providing technical support to the company’s commercial building’s team as required
- Developing your engineering skills to enable application to a Professional Engineering Institution
Full training and support will be provided, and will be completed in line with the company Health and Safety Policy and Quality Procedures.
- BSc/BEng (Hons) or MSC/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, along with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- A full driving licence is essential