Department: Structural & Architectural
Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Structural & Architectural Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To support the Structural & Architectural steelwork division in preparing responses to a variety of enquiries, and preparation of technical and commercial proposals for tendering purposes.
- Work from technical drawings and specifications to produce concise and effective technical proposals in response to customer requests.
- To deliver accurate tenders with commercial aspects in mind, while also delivering to clients’ requirements.
- To investigate ways of reducing price through the supply chain, method of fabrication/installation or value engineering, etc.
- Maintenance of tender project documentation including internal governance requirements.
- Where required, attend and provide support at sales meetings with customers, including delivery of technical presentations and participation in engineering and commercial discussions.
- Development of standardised documentation packs for on-going proposal use.
- Attendance at monthly contract reviews.
- In conjunction with Sales and Operational heads, identify and collate project risks.
- Liaise with internal resources and external partners to build tender cost models.
- Liaise with heads of department to organise tender governance meetings.
- Production of tender compliance documentation.
- Hand over successful tenders to the operational delivery team.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and organised individual with good use of initiative.
- Experience in the structural and architectural steelwork market is desired, however, experience in the Construction industry is a minimum.
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Confident in approaching new contacts.
- Experience in a commercial environment is desirable.
- Excellent use of written and spoken English language.
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Competent with the use of Internet explorer and online research.
- A full Driving Licence