Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Quality Standards Officer
Direct Reports: Factory Quality Inspector
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To take ownership of inspection activities across the manufacturing process in the Braintree fabrication facilities.
• To carry out inspections of fabricated steelwork, both in process and finished product, to ensure that the article is made as per drawing. Some inspection post surface treatment is also required.
• Ensure a proportionate amount of weekly time is spent in focusing on high-risk areas such as Goods in and Despatch
• To liaise with the factory manager and supervisors to improve the quality of finished product.
• To flag to the Quality Standards Officer high level issues together with suggestions for resolution
• To be proactive in managing potential quality risks (new product/new colleagues)
• To maintain, review and keep up to date the inspection documentation on the shop floor.
• To investigate errors and develop corrective actions and monitor the effectiveness of preventative actions.
• To attend weekly production meeting and provide a brief verbal report of inspection issues noted.
• Carry out occasional inspection visits to sub-contractor premises.
• To coach and guide the Quality Inspector to ensure the role is performed at a high level
• To deputise for the Quality Standards Officer if needed
• Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
• Background in Quality systems and inspection
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Tenacious investigative mentality with good attention to detail
• Good team working skills and ability to use initiative
• A background from a drawing environment would be advantageous
• Experience in managing a team
• A full driving licence is preferable
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Braintree, CM7 2YN: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)