Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Finance Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To manage all technological equipment and systems and seek effective solutions to aid productivity whilst remaining cost-effective.
- Lead the Business forward with new and innovative technologies.
- Lead information management transformation.
- Provide budget updates and forecasts to the Finance Director.
- Create, implement, and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide support for the group’s employees including field-based operatives.
- Liaise with 3rd parties for support and services when required.
- Lead contract negotiations with all IT suppliers.
- Audit the groups network infrastructure and identify and resolve areas for improvement.
- Configure and maintain the company servers consisting of Microsoft Server 2012 and newer plus QNAP mass storage device.
- Maintain the security and integrity of the company data and network.
- Understanding of network switching, preferably the Ubiquity series of products.
- Provide stakeholders with updates, reports, and recommendations.
- Software and hardware asset management and control.
- Hardware and software purchasing.
Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Minimum 3 years IT management experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- Knowledge of WANs and routing.
- Experience with budget control.
- An approachable character with a positive outlook and demeanour.
- Organised and able to prioritise workloads.
- Computing and IT degree or professional qualification.