Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Direct Reports: Network Administrator
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To manage and maintain the existing Microsoft based network infrastructure. Drive innovation to ensure the group is future fit in every technological aspect.
- First point of contact through the support ticketing system for the group.
- Primary Internal Systems contact for all company stakeholders.
- Develop strategies to drive the network forward into the next phase.
- Define policies with the CIO in all aspects of the group internal services.
- Develop, test and maintain the company disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Build, configure and distribute IT hardware.
- Control the distribution of company assets and maintain the asset register.
- Primary contact for all 3rd party suppliers and to lead on contract negotiations.
- Liaise with 3rd party support personnel when required.
- Primary point for IT purchasing and budget control and planning.
- Investigate methods of cost reduction without reducing productivity.
- Ensure data and network integrity and security.
- Control and secure all forms of communication, voice and data.
- Maintain licensing agreements and ensure compliance.
- Providing user training, advice and feedback.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- 10+ years’ experience in network administration in an SME.
- Professional qualifications in Microsoft technologies (e.g. MSCE, MSCA).
- In-depth knowledge of the Office 365 platform.
- Excellent and proven knowledge of technical management and information analysis.
- In-depth knowledge in Microsoft server and operating systems and PC builds.
- Analytical approach and strong problem-solving skills.
- Diverse thinking and attention to detail.
- Approachable demeanour and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excel at time planning and prioritising workloads.
- Full driving licence required.