Department: Structural & Architectural Steelwork
Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Structural & Architectural Steelworks Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To administrate effectively and efficiently the running and implementation of projects within the structural and architectural steelwork division.
- To plan the delivery of projects.
- To liaise with clients regarding the delivery of projects through all stages.
- To oversee the design and detailing by others of projects.
- To organise the manufacture of the project including procurement.
- To organise any finishes, galvanising, powder coating, painting, etc.
- To organise all logistics associated with projects.
- To assist in organising site installation with installation manager including plant and fixings.
- To assist with the production of risk assessments and method statements (RAMS).
- To be aware of the potential significance of changes in design.
- To monitor budgets to ensure profit tendered for is achieved.
- To ensure any additional works to the project scope are picked up and sold.
- To ensure timescales and deadlines are met throughout the delivery of a project.
- To undertake contract reviews as required.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- To be able to stick to deadlines.
- To have 3 years’ experience within the construction industry.
- To be computer literate and able to use software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.