Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Project Director - Telecoms
Direct Reports: None
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To manage Telecoms projects from order to delivery. Ensure excellent client service and positive commercial outcomes whilst maintaining safe working practices.
- Run and implement contracts.
- Agree Project objectives.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Provide advice on the management of projects.
- Monitor budgets to ensure all legitimate contract costs are recovered.
- Prepare for and attend project reviews.
- Report and escalate to management as required.
- Ensure that group health & safety standards are met and maintained during all operations under your control.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company QA procedures.
- Maintain a flexible approach in dealing with both internal and external clients.
- Manage Project Engineers.
- Attending MSV visits.
- Compliance of the CDM regulations.
- Monitor/manage sub-contractors and third parties/vendors.
- Evaluate the success of the project against its benchmarking.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Previous experience in project management and proven track record in completion of projects to time and budget.
- Good educational background, preferably in the field of telecoms, engineering or construction.
- Delivery focused and assertive.
- Commercial acumen.
- Ability to manage complexity and changing targets.
- ONC/HNC in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in steel structures or similar an advantage.
- Have a passion to succeed.
- Working knowledge of and experience of contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good knowledge of health & safety legislation.
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & Project.
- Full driving licence.