Main Location: Tonbridge
Reports to: Management Accountant
Direct Reports: None
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of all invoice and expense payments through the Purchase Ledger.
Please note that this is a part-time role, approximately 25 hours a week, on a fixed-term 12-month contract to cover maternity leave.
- Ensure that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (payment dates) are met.
- Maintain good internal control with regard to the Purchase Ledger function and in respect of purchase orders and invoices; ensuring that they are coded and signed by the appropriate signatories.
- Process and monitor all company Fuel cards and Barclaycards; ensuring that they are correctly calculated, approved and coded.
- Ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- Reconcile supplier statements to supplier purchase ledger accounts.
- Filing of supplier invoices in a prompt and timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required.
- Liaise with employees at all levels within the organisation regarding purchase ledger matters.
- Produce Suggested Payment Reports & BACS Reports for the Finance Director, before processing payment to the Bank.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Proven experience and knowledge in Purchase Ledger coordination.
- A strong customer service focus and the ability to build effective working relationships with employees and external stakeholders/suppliers.
- Knowledge of CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) is desirable.
- Ability to prioritise work tasks effectively and work to a monthly deadline.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
- Competent in the use of computers, specifically Microsoft Excel and Access Dimensions packages