Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Management Accountant
Direct Reports: None
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of all invoice and expense payments through the Purchase Ledger.
• Ensure that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (payment dates) are met.
• Maintain good internal control with regard to the Purchase Ledger function and in respect of purchase orders and invoices; ensuring that they are coded and signed by the appropriate signatories.
• Process and monitor all company Fuel cards and Barclaycards; ensuring that they are correctly calculated, approved and coded
• Ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions
• Reconcile supplier statements to supplier purchase ledger accounts
• Filing of supplier invoices in a prompt and timely manner.
• Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
• Liaise with employees at all levels within the organisation regarding purchase ledger matters
• Produce Suggested Payment Reports & BACS Reports for the Finance Manager, before processing payment to the Bank
• Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
• Proven experience and knowledge in Purchase Ledger
• A strong customer service focus and the ability to build effective working relationships with employees and external stakeholders/suppliers.
• Knowledge of CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) desirable
• Ability to prioritise work tasks effectively and work to a monthly deadline
• High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing
• Competent in the use of computers, specifically Microsoft Excel and Access Dimensions packages
Subscribe to vacancy updates.
The successful candidate will use their existing strong understanding of the UK’s defence and radar tower market to lead on our business’ development, sales and relationship management within this sector. A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, you will operate across our portfolio of companies to identify and secure defence and radar business opportunities, growing sustainable revenues and building a team to ensure customer satisfaction in all our business activities for this sector.Read
As the UK’s leading manufacturer of telecoms structures, we’re looking for someone with an existing understanding of the UK’s telecoms tower market to lead on our business development, sales and relationship management within this sector. A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, you’ll be operating across our portfolio of companies to identify and secure telecoms business opportunities, growing sustainable revenues and building a team to ensure customer satisfaction in all our telecoms activities.Read
Fill in your details below and the brochure will be sent to your inbox