Main Location: Braintree or Southampton, UK
Reports to: Associate Technical Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To undertake the analysis, design, survey and inspection of structures (telecoms and other wind sensitive structures). All work will be undertaken to the relevant British, European or other Standards and Codes as required.
- Design and appraise structures, producing all supporting documentation including design reports, method statements and design risk assessments.
- Undertake site and client visits as required.
- Manage and take responsibility for smaller projects as required.
- Estimate project costs and timescales.
- To actively expand client base with emphasis on developing diverse engineering projects.
- Adopt the company Health and Safety Policy and actively promote this in all aspects of work.
- To carry out all work in accordance with company QA procedure.
- Take responsibility for personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives and continuously develop engineering knowledge and experience.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Degree in civil or structural engineering (desirable but not essential if sufficient technical proficiency can be demonstrated and significant experience of telecoms analysis is evident).
- Experienced in undertaking Global Design Check (GDC) or equivalent level of telecoms analysis and design.
- Experience in using tower analysis software such as MS Tower.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised with use of initiative and the ability to organise own workload.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Good design skills with experience in AutoCAD.
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Full driving licence.