Swann Engineering Group Ltd.’s Structural & Architectural Steelwork Division successfully designed, fabricated, and delivered over 40+ tonnes of bespoke structural and architectural steelwork for a brand new retirement complex in Essex.
This purpose-built retirement village located in North Braintree provides community living for residents and consists of 99 apartments, including 39 one-bedroom apartments and 60 two-bedroom apartments.
For this development, Swann Engineering Group provided:
- A bespoke steel framework forming an insulated corridor between the primary and secondary residential buildings.
- Structural steel foundation framework and roof steels throughout all the residential blocks. The internal steel components were also designed and fabricated with a subtle curve where required, to ensure seamless integration in line with the development’s aesthetic.
- A combination of 14 stacked and double stacked steel balcony frameworks in addition to 13 single-storey balconies, all of which were fitted and finished with aluminium decking.
- A selection of single-storey balconies were carefully designed and fabricated to feature a subtle contemporary curve which complements the developments modern aesthetic. We also designed, fabricated and installed privacy screens across all the balcony elements where required.
- Internal staircase balustrades and accompanying wall rails all designed and fabricated to ensure they complement the developments style.
Our architectural and steelwork elements were all designed by our in-house technicians, with fabrication carried out at our Braintree headquarters in Essex by our highly skilled Manufacturing department. The structural and architectural elements where required were hot dip galvanized and powder coated.
The delivery and installation phase of this project was overseen by our experienced project management team, who coordinated the transportation, delivery, and installation of our metalwork package. To aid in the installation process, our multi-skilled site technicians utilised cranes and cherry pickers to integrate the structural and architectural steelwork elements.
Well done to all parties involved in completing another successful structural and architectural steelwork project, which was delivered on time and to the specification of the happy client!
For more information about our Structural & Architectural Steelwork solutions, or any of our additional products and services, please feel free to email enquiries@Swanngroupltd.com or contact our Customer Support Team directly via 0800 090 2375.
Additionally, you can keep up to date with our latest projects by following us on our LinkedIn and Twitter profiles.