Department: Business Development
Main Location: Braintree
Reports to: Technical Specialist - Enquiries
Direct Reports: None
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To interpret customer requirements (often from technical drawings) and convert into Swann Group product and service quotations, providing timely quotations to customer enquiries. Sales order processing and customer relationship management for the Swann Group of Companies.
• Interpret customer requirements whether they are provided verbally, in written form or in a client’s design pack, and convert those requirements into a written quote or proposal.
• Manage enquiries email in-box, respond to general enquiries, collect information to answer enquiries from other parts of the business and pass on where required.
• Gain a full technical understanding of the Swann Communications structures and accessories range, to promote specifically the sales of Communication structures, antenna steelwork accessories, structural analysis and surveys.
• Acknowledge quote requests to customers and provide relevant SLA to be quoted within.
• Log enquiries onto the CRM, setting up new Opportunities.
• Consistently achieve SLA requirements for producing quotations.
• Extract Sales opportunities from Site Design Drawings.
• Acknowledge and confirm Purchase Order receipts from customers.
• Set up electronic project files.
• Follow up submitted quotations with the customer.
• Develop good communications and effective customer relationships.
• Maintain a comprehensive CRM.
• Proven effective experience working and delivering within a technical environment
• Good engineering/technical/manufacturing experience, understanding and background
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Thorough detailed analytical approach
• Good team player
• Computer literate and conversant with use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word